Soba Noodle Making in Yamagata soba, Okuizumo
If you are a Japanese food lover, you might know about Soba (Buckwheat noodle). Okuizumo has a long history of making Soba noodle. It is said that; landlord of Matsue domain was a huge fan of Okuizumo soba. Okuizumo has its own brand of buckwheat calls “Yokota kosoba”. This is your chance to make your very own soba and taste it right away.
In this program, you will be guided by an English-speaking professional soba making staff. She was also a big fan of soba and she learned soba making for 3 years under the owner of Yamagata soba.
She and Japanese chef will kindly instruct you on how to make your own soba. During this hour-long class, you’ll learn from the basic from starting by creating the dough, rolling it out and slicing it to thin noodle strips using a special soba knife. After all of your hard work, you will be able to eat your very own tasty soba noodles!
The dream of the owner of Yamagata soba is to make soba more familiar to foreign guests and have a foreigner own soba restaurant in Okuizumo one day.
Price per person : 4,000 yen/person
Tour Style : Order made
Group Size : Min. 1 persons Max. 20persons
Duration : 1 hour for making
699-1802 515 Oro Okuizumo-cho Nita-gun Shimane prefecture map
Starting time : Can be discussed from 10:00 to 16:00
– English speaking assistant
– Soba noodle making lesson
– Soba noodle
What’s not Included
- Please contact us for availability through ‘Inquiry Form‘. write down the date and time you would like to book.
- We will check the availability and come back to you within 3 business days.
- The confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Payment: Cash payments only with Japanese Yen
Reservations may be canceled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations canceled less than 7 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
– Between 7 days and 2 days: 30% of the program charge
– The day before the date of travel: 50% of the program charge
– Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.